Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose is a fun place to work, learn and play.
To manage our unique community institution — improving visitor experience for our diverse audience, challenging ourselves to participate and meet community needs, and competing effectively against the growing number of “pay for play” franchises and theme-based activity centers — we employ an integrated management process. This focused approach effectively links functions, activities and information throughout the organization so that operational strategies, service initiatives, new exhibit and program ideas, and funding and marketing opportunities benefit from multiple perspectives. Through this approach, Museum staff become vested in each other’s success.
Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visitor Services Manager
This management position has overall responsibility for daily floor operations; delivering the highest level of visitor engagement, satisfaction, and safety by maintaining exceptional standards of customer service, cleanliness, and physical appearance of all publicly accessible spaces. Reports to the Director of Exhibits and Facilities.
- Oversight of the museum’s Floor Staff; including hiring, training and hands on supervision.
- Responds to visitor concerns and comments (onsite, email, or phone)
- Ensures the museum’s safety and security, and cleaning/sanitizing procedures are communicated to and followed by Floor Staff.
- Serves as the Floor Manager when the museum is open to the public.
- Leads and/or participates in internal meetings to support the needs of specific audiences, such as school/camp groups and special needs.
- Responds to visitor needs, including first-aid, questions, and concerns as they arise.
- Must be a hands-on manager with sound judgment and diplomacy in all interactions with staff and visitors who represent a diversity of ethnic, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Possess strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays and some evenings.
- Bilingual is highly desirable.
- Able to respond quickly to public emergencies or urgent situations on the museum floor.
- Able to work outdoors
- Able to stand or sit for six hours each day
How to Apply: Your complete application will include cover letter, references, and either a resume or completed Job Application. If you choose to complete the online Application, please send the additional items to:
Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
180 Woz Way
San Jose CA 95110