Virtual, Thursday, June 17, 2021
Violinist, Teacher, Co-Founder and Artistic Director of Performance, Opus 118 Harlem School of Music
Featuring a performance by Black Violin
Classical/Hip-Hop Hybrid Duo
Through her work teaching violin to children in Harlem public schools, Roberta Guaspari became an international figure in the fight for public music education for low-income children. Her story was the inspiration for the Academy Award nominated movie, Music of the Heart, starring Meryl Streep.
Proceeds from Keep on Playing will enable Children’s Discovery Museum’s continued promise to thrive so that when it is safe, children will once again play and discover in their own hands-on, minds-on ways with interactive exhibits and immersive environments.
Please, Come Play with Us! Just scroll down to see the many sponsorship opportunities and associated ticket packages.
4:55 – 5:30 p.m.
- Welcome Performance by Classical Hip/Hop Duo Black Violin
- Live Session with Professional Mixologist and Gourmet Chef Tony Santos
- Meet and Greet with Master Chocolatier from Mariette Chocolates
- Interactive Virtual Mind-Reading and Illusion Show Starring Wayne Hoffman
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Appearances by Cantabile Youth Singers of Silicon Valley, Mariachi México & more
- Award presentation & acceptance remarks by Roberta Guaspari
- Learn more about Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
- Remarks on the importance of children’s play by Michael C. Frank, Ph.D., David and Lucile Packard Foundation Professor of Human Biology, Stanford University
- Facilitated “hands-on” activity using everyday materials
- Join in the Fund-A-Need Campaign 2021
- Enjoy Special Performances by Black Violin
- And much more!