Your gift helps us continue to support our children and families!
While our staff continue to provide unique and engaging experiences digitally, our Museum relies heavily on admissions revenue and the generosity of our community to sustain us. We are proud to serve families across the Bay Area at this unprecedented time, but our current closure to the public is detrimental to the wellbeing of our institution. The loss of revenue grows larger with each day we remain closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Your tax-deductible gift today will:
- Allow us to continue developing fun and engaging distance learning content for our Virtual Purple Museum, which will help close the academic gap resulting from school closures
- Support the creation of our educational enrichment and outreach programs
- Provide funding for required business functions, including applying for emergency funding and SBA loans
- Develop new operating procedures that support the health and wellbeing of visitors until we are beyond the COVID-19 threat
- Caretaking of the Museum building and Bill’s Backyard so that we are in perfect operating condition upon reopening as well as support fixed costs incurred open or closed
- Stabilize the Museum so that when we reopen, our one-of-a-kind educational experiences will be available to children, families and schools – laying the foundation for today’s children to become tomorrow’s visionaries
Children’s Discovery Museum has served our community for 30 years. With your support, we look forward to providing our one-of-a-kind experiences for the next 30 years. Thank you, stay well and keep on discovering and learning through play.