Your children will go bananas over this easy and fun snack.
- 1- 6 oz yogurt cup (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup of cereal (any flavor)
- 1 banana
- 4 wooden popsicle sticks
- Waxed paper
- 1 small tray
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small flat plate
- Plastic knife
- 2 spoons
- Paper towels
- Cutting board
- Airtight freezer container
- Cover the tray with waxed paper.
- Pour yogurt in the bowl.
- Pour granola or cereal on the plate.
- Peel and cut the banana in half. For smaller pieces, cut again into fourths.
- Stand banana pieces on the cut side. Insert popsicle sticks.
- Dip banana in yogurt, make sure the banana is completely covered.
- Roll yogurt covered banana in granola or preferred cereal.
- Place the banana on the tray covered with wax paper.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with the rest of the bananas.
- Place the tray into the freezer until frozen for at least one hour.
- Transfer bananas not eaten right away into an airtight freezer container.
- What is your favorite fruit?
- Where do bananas come from?
- What do you think it will taste like?
- How would you change the recipe?
LEARNING BEHIND THE PLAY
- Practice math skills by cutting and measuring.
- Practice the skills necessary to follow step-by-step directions.
- Teach life skills by introducing your child to cooking.
TAKE IT FURTHER
Let your child pick the flavor of yogurt and cereal brands.