We’re so excited to reopen the inside of the Purple Museum and welcome you back!
The Museum is following the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department, the State of California, and the CDC to ensure the safety and health of our employees and visitors.
Here’s what you need to know about our phased reopening!
Ticketing and Reservations
- Reservations are required for everyone in your party, including members (Members Reservation | Non-Members Reservation)
- The Museum will be open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 – 4:00 p.m., with a one hour break between sessions for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- We’re offering two play sessions per day with capped attendance capacity to honor social distancing guidelines and ensure a safe and quality experience. Scanning your online reservation at the entrance provides a contactless entry.
- Private Play Time – Enjoy exclusive use of Bill’s Backyard for your family and up to two other households of your choice, every Friday and Saturday morning. Learn more >>
Prepare for Your Visit
- Face coverings: While we encourage everyone to wear a mask, they are required for everyone 2 years of age and older, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Department guidelines. If you’re advised by a medical professional to not wear a mask, we’ll ask you to bring your own face shield to wear at the Museum.
- Strollers, bicycles, wagons, and carts: To protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, strollers, bikes, wagons, and carts will not be allowed in the Museum or Bill’s Backyard. Please leave the stroller at home or in your vehicle.
- Water: Our hydration stations will be open for refilling a personal water bottle.
- Food: No eating or snacking will be allowed inside the Museum. Light snacks but no meals are allowed in Bill’s Backyard. FoodShed cafe is not open.
- Entrance: Enter the Museum at the main front entrance.
- Parking lots: The two parking lots across from the Museum are open and light rail is running.
Your Health and Safety
- Signage in three languages is placed throughout the Museum to encourage and remind everyone of safe distancing, including directional arrows and capacity signs for certain areas.
- Separate entrances and exits to appropriate exhibit areas have been established to help you maintain safe social distances.
- Exhibit areas will be limited by the number of families.
- The Purple Museum team is onsite cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after your visit with an electrostatic sprayer and CDC and EPA-approved disinfectants, especially on high-touch surfaces.
- Clean and dirty bins are onsite for placing loose toys and manipulatives. Newly sanitized toys and manipulatives will be single-use only and will be disinfected between each use.
- Staff are required to take a daily health screening, wear face coverings, and wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day to ensure safe interactions with staff and visitors.
You can’t tell because of our masks, but we’re grinning from ear to ear to welcome you back!
For more detailed information, please visit our FAQ where we’ve organized the information by Ticketing, Health & Safety, Membership, and the Museum Experience. Also note the addendum to our Code of Conduct.
Let’s Stay Healthy and Safe Together!