We’re in full summer mode and can’t wait for you to visit!
We are open every Wednesday through Sunday with three play sessions per day through Labor Day.
Here’s what you need to know about our phased reopening!
Because young children are not yet eligible for the vaccine, we will continue to require face coverings for all visitors two years and older inside the Museum regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional in Bill’s Backyard. Advance ticket reservations are required. We appreciate your cooperation with our health and safety protocols to ensure a safe experience for everyone.
Ticketing and Reservations
- Reservations are required for everyone in your party, including members (Members Reservation | Non-Members Reservation)
- We’re currently open every Wednesday through Sunday with three play sessions per day, including a one-hour break between sessions two and three for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- Our capped attendance capacity ensures a safe and quality experience. Scanning your online reservation at the entrance provides a contactless entry.
Reservations are required:
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Hour cleaning break between sessions
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Prepare for Your Visit
- Face coverings: Because young children are not yet eligible for the vaccine, we will continue to require face coverings for all visitors two years and older inside the Museum regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional in Bill’s Backyard.
- Strollers, bicycles, wagons, and carts: Strollers are only allowed for children who cannot walk. Bikes, wagons, and carts are not allowed in the Museum or Bill’s Backyard.
- Water: Our hydration stations will be open for refilling a personal water bottle.
- Food: No eating or snacking will be allowed inside the Museum. Light snacks but no meals are allowed in Bill’s Backyard. FoodShed cafe is not open.
- Entrance: Enter the Museum at the main front entrance.
- Parking lots: The two parking lots across from the Museum are open and light rail is running.
Your Health and Safety
- The Purple Museum team is onsite cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after your visit with an electrostatic sprayer and CDC and EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Clean and dirty bins are onsite for placing loose toys and manipulatives. Newly sanitized toys and manipulatives will be single-use only and will be disinfected between each use.
- Staff are required to take a daily health screening, wear face coverings, and wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day to ensure safe interactions with staff and visitors.
You can’t tell because of our masks, but we’re grinning from ear to ear to welcome you back!
For more detailed information, please visit our FAQ where we’ve organized the information by Ticketing, Health & Safety, Membership, and the Museum Experience. Also note the addendum to our Code of Conduct.
Let’s Stay Healthy and Safe Together!