Explore, investigate, and create!
Let’s play, learn and grow together with kindness!
Here’s what you need to know!
Masks are now optional for all visitors in all spaces.
Ticketing and Reservations
- Non-Members Reservations are recommended but not required for everyone in your party.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: One play session – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Two play sessions – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Prepare for Your Visit
- Face coverings: Masks are optional in all spaces.
- Strollers, bicycles, wagons, and carts: Strollers are only allowed for children who cannot walk. Bikes, wagons, and carts are not allowed in the Museum or Bill’s Backyard.
- Water: Our hydration stations will be open for refilling a personal water bottle.
- Food: No eating or snacking will be allowed inside the Museum. Light snacks but no meals are allowed in Bill’s Backyard. FoodShed cafe is not open.
- Entrance: Enter the Museum at the main front entrance.
- Parking lots: The two parking lots across from the Museum are open and light rail is running.
Your Health and Safety
- The Purple Museum team is onsite cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after your visit with an electrostatic sprayer and CDC and EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Clean and dirty bins are onsite for placing loose toys and manipulatives. Newly sanitized toys and manipulatives will be single-use only and will be disinfected between each use.
- Staff are required to take a daily health screening and wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day to ensure safe interactions with staff and visitors.
We are so excited to see all of your smiling faces again!
For more detailed information, please visit our FAQ where we’ve organized the information by Ticketing, Health & Safety, Membership, and the Museum Experience. Also note the addendum to our Code of Conduct.